Recurring Special Weeks
Apart from regular story-based events, Diggy's Adventure also regularly introduces the so-called "special weeks". This page lists general information, for more detailed information on every specific iteration of the special week, please use Events
- Features of special weeks:
- Usually take place in-between special events
- Do not include new locations or an original plot, except for Builder weeks.
- Usually boost/improve a specific features of the game
- Usually appear every 6 months (biannualy), so it's possible to estimate when the next special week of a particular type will appear
Postcard Weeks / x10 Experience Weeks
During these special weeks, all repeatable locations in the game, including (shop)events, give 10 times more clearance bonus (experience).
Additionally, clearing a repeatable location gives you a postcard, which can be used to purchase camp equipment and consumables.
Cards are event specific and cannot be used in any future postcard week.
Each postcard event comes with an Achievement (collect 99 cards)
Postcard weeks can be interesting to invest some saved up food in if you want to level-up faster, progress oriented players use them to powerlevel using gems to speedup the best available mine.
You can prepare for a postcard week by removing all but 1 tile from each available repeatable mine, helping you with a quick first round.
- 2014: April 29 - May 6 (No postcards, only multiplied EXP - Prototype)
- 2014: December 2 - 9
- 2015: April 21 - 28, November 24 - December 1
- 2016: May 3 - 10, September 13 - 20
- 2017: January 31 - February 7, June 20 - 27, November 14 - 21
- 2018: May 29 - June 5, November 13 - 20
- 2019: May 28 - June 4, November 12 - 19
Double Materials (In Repeatables)
All Repeatable mines including (Shop)events will drop double the amount of materials they normally do. These mines will be marked by a red '2x' symbol. Only Materials will be doubled.
Coins,gems and Green rings will be doubled. Experience, Jadeites and Edibles like Melons will not be doubled.
- 2014: September 30 - October 6
- 2015: October 6 - 13
- 2016: April 5 - 12, August 23 - 30, November 1 - 8
- 2017: March 14 - 21, August 15 - 22
- 2018: January 30 - February 6, August 14 - 21
- 2019: January 29 - February 5, August 13 - 20
This special week causes all the produced goods in your camp to be doubled. Kitchen, Foundry and Caravan. This means that you get twice the food, metal bars and caravan products for the same price as usual.
(Jadeite and Obsidian Keys are not doubled as they are a plot device rather than produced good).
- 2014: September 30 - October 6
- 2015: November 3 - 10, May 19 - 26
- 2016: April 19 - 26, September 27 - October 4
- 2017: March 28 - April 4, September 5 - 12
- 2018: April 10 - 17, October 9 - 16
- 2019: April 9 - 16, October 15 - 22
Faster (-50%) Production
- 2016: May 24 - 31
- 2017: January 3 - 10, May 16 - 23
- 2018: January 2 - 9, July 10 - 17
- 2019: January 2 - 8, July 9 - 16
- 2020: January 21 - 28
All gifts sent to your neighbors are doubled during this special week. This week can only be enjoyed when you have your game on the Facebook computer version and have neighbors in the game.
(see chapter on differences between computer and mobile devices HERE)
- 2015: March 24 - 31
- 2016: January 19 - 26, October 4 - 11
- 2017: March 7 - 14, July 11 - 18
- 2018: March 6 - 13, September 4 - 11
- 2019: May 14 - 21, November 5 - 12
Grid Unlock Discount Week
20% Off on all costs for clearing the dirt; opening the slots and be able to place more equipment in your underground camp.
- 2015: May 5 - 12
- 2016: March 7 - 15, June 14 - 21, November 15 - 22
- 2017: April 26 - May 2, November 7 - 13
- 2018: May 1 - 8, December 4 - 11
- 2019: April 30 - May 7, November 19 - 26
Red Rings Repeatable Week
- Each mine has 1 ring in it, which can be used to open special red ring chests, in a similar fashion to green rings.
- The repeatable mines also give players a chance to get rare materials (Amethyst, Ruby, Topaz, Sapphire) with a shorter cooldown and a lesser energy cost than normally.
- The higher region you have reached, the more repeatable mines will be available to you.
- The repeatables come back in the state you have left them previously, therefore it's recommended to clear the location completely before the week ends.
- Locations with chests are split into 3 tiers. You only need to open 1 chest in each tier to proceed forward.
- After reaching the 3rd tier, you can clear the one and only tile in the location to reset it.
More Information about red Rings and calculating the rewards can be found HERE
- 2014: July 15 - 22
- 2015: January 6 - 13, June 16 - 23
- 2016: February 23 - March 1, May 31 - June 7
- 2017: January 17 - 24, May 23 - 30, October 10 - 17
- 2018: March 13 - 20, September 11 - 18
- 2019: March 12 - 19, September 10 - 17
- Achievement: Lord of the Rings - collect Red Rings
- Maps On Facebook https://goo.gl/mkWiZs
During builder weeks you work together with all players in your region on one goal. Collecting a special material, exchanging it for coins and building a community building.
Each region has a progress bar that unlocks next stages of the event.
There is a new theme each event with a short story line and repeatable material mines for extra building materials.
They are social weeks about cooperation rather than competition, although some will see it as a race. So far each event, all regions managed to complete their buildings within the weeks with at least a day to spare.
Builder weeks are a replacement for the Strongman weeks and still have elements of that discontinued event in them like a quiz-mine and a roll/drag-mine. Well worth week to invest some extra energy in.
Builder weeks are mini events. Make sure you have 2 slots/4-high open in your underground camp to be able to claim the final reward.
Details of the individual weeks can be found in the EVENTS chapter(use the Filter - One Week Special).
- 2018: July 17 - 24
- 2019: January 22 - 29 , July 16 - 23
Strongman Contest (Discontinued)
A special week which featured original plot driven locations whenever it was introduced. The idea was to provide a hardcore challenge for the most hardcore players, while offering some incredibly powerful rewards for those who manage to beat it.
Strongman contest special weeks were officially discontinued in the beginning of 2018 due to the formula being outdated and not in-line with the new segmented event pattern.
- 2014: September 9 - 16
- 2015: January 27 - February 3, July 14 - 21
- 2016: January 26 - February 2, July 20 - 27
- 2017: January 24 - 31, July 18 - 25
- 2018: January 23 - 30 (The final one)