Recurring Special Weeks
Apart from regular story-based events, Diggy's Adventure also regularly introduces the so-called "special weeks". This page lists general information, for more detailed information on every specific iteration of the special week, please use Events
- Features of special weeks:
- Usually take place in-between special events
- Do not include new locations or an original plot, except for Builder weeks.
- Usually boost/improve a specific features of the game
- Usually appear every 6 months (biannualy), so it's possible to estimate when the next special week of a particular type will appear
Postcard Weeks / x10 Experience Weeks
During these special weeks, all repeatable locations in the game, including (shop)events, give 10 times more clearance bonus (experience).
Additionally, clearing a repeatable location gives you a postcard, which can be used to purchase camp equipment and consumables.
Cards are event specific and cannot be used in any future postcard week.
Each postcard event comes with an Achievement (collect 99 cards)
Postcard weeks can be interesting to invest some saved up food in if you want to level-up faster, progress oriented players use them to powerlevel using gems to speedup the best available mine.
You can prepare for a postcard week by removing all but 1 tile from each available repeatable mine, helping you with a quick first round.
- 2014: April 29 - May 6 (No postcards, only multiplied EXP - Prototype)
- 2014: December 2 - 9
- 2015: April 21 - 28, November 24 - December 1
- 2016: May 3 - 10, September 13 - 20
- 2017: January 31 - February 7, June 20 - 27, November 14 - 21
- 2018: May 29 - June 5, November 13 - 20
- 2019: May 28 - June 4, November 12 - 19
- 2020: April 14 - April 21
Double Materials (In Repeatables)
All Repeatable mines including (Shop)events will drop double the amount of materials they normally do.
These mines will be marked by a red '2x' symbol. Only Materials will be doubled.
- Coins and gems will be doubled.
- Experience and Edibles like Melons will not be doubled.
What to do during a Double materials week?
It depends a bit on your style of playing the game and if you (also) play the game via a computer version.
If you are interested in your level and lvl-ups (via pillars) then do all the mines with the best xp/energy factors. Those give the best return on invested energy.
All reps listed here Material Mine Page. You will see a column XP/energy [2x week] , sort on that and you know which mines give the best xp/En ; return on spent energy.
Any mine with a factor lower than 5.5 is not advised as you would be better of spending that energy in a running event.
If you dont care much about your level and/or dont have acces to pillars(not on mobile), only do the mines that give useful materials.
DMW is an important twice yearly special week that can make your cooking/smelting much easier next 6 months.
It also functions as an important part of the strategy for leveling up faster by converting all those materials in to [[Pillars|Pillars] that give extra XP.
If you save up all your Green rings and spend them all during this week you will have a decent stack of important ingredients and materials.
Arguably it is even more important for mobile players to focus on collecting rings where you can because you dont get all the wood and coal gifted as computer players often do.
It will cost some gems speeding up the fortune green ring mine but it is worth it.
This also will daily free up some energy to play events/region with as it saves you doing food, wood, coal etc ingredient repeatables during much of the 6 months.
It is also the week where you go fishing with your saved up worms. Although it is not a very attractive strategy when you are in Egypte/Scandi as you would need to do without fish recipes for 6 months.
It is advisable to start saving up on eels worms for 6 months and dont do eel recipes sometime end of China or when in Atlantis so you can continue this process of double harvesting when you need a lot of eels in Greece.
At the end of the week you can consider leaving one tile in all mines you dont usually do and be prepared for next postcard week.
And lastly.....start saving up (again) after this week and be prepared for next double materials week.
- 2014: September 30 - October 6
- 2015: October 6 - 13
- 2016: April 5 - 12, August 23 - 30, November 1 - 8
- 2017: March 14 - 21, August 15 - 22
- 2018: January 30 - February 6, August 14 - 21
- 2019: January 29 - February 5, August 13 - 20
- 2020: February 4 - 11, July 21 - 28
This special week causes all the produced goods in your camp to be doubled. Kitchen, Foundry and Caravan.
This means that you get twice the food, speed potions(some old shop events), metal bars and caravan products for the same price as usual.
Jadeite and Obsidian Keys are not doubled. Count for achievements is not doubled.
- 2014: September 30 - October 6
- 2015: November 3 - 10, May 19 - 26
- 2016: April 19 - 26, September 27 - October 4
- 2017: March 28 - April 4, September 5 - 12
- 2018: April 10 - 17, October 9 - 16
- 2019: April 9 - 16, October 15 - 22
- 2020: April 28 - May 5
Faster (-50%) Production
- 2016: May 24 - 31
- 2017: January 3 - 10, May 16 - 23
- 2018: January 2 - 9, July 10 - 17
- 2019: January 2 - 8, July 9 - 16
- 2020: January 21 - 28, July 14 - 21
All gifts sent to your neighbors are doubled during this special week.
This week can only be enjoyed when you have your game on the Facebook computer version and have neighbors in the game.
(see chapter on differences between computer and mobile devices HERE)
- 2015: March 24 - 31
- 2016: January 19 - 26, October 4 - 11
- 2017: March 7 - 14, July 11 - 18
- 2018: March 6 - 13, September 4 - 11
- 2019: May 14 - 21, November 5 - 12
- 2020: March 24 - 31, September 8 - 15
Grid Unlock Discount Week
20% Off on all costs for clearing the dirt; opening the slots and be able to place more equipment in your underground camp.
- 2015: May 5 - 12
- 2016: March 7 - 15, June 14 - 21, November 15 - 22
- 2017: April 26 - May 2, November 7 - 13
- 2018: May 1 - 8, December 4 - 11
- 2019: April 30 - May 7, November 19 - 26
- 2020: May 26 - June 2
Red Rings Repeatable Week
- Each mine has 1 ring in it, which can be used to open special red ring chests, in a similar fashion to green rings.
- The repeatable mines also give players a chance to get rare materials (Amethyst, Ruby, Topaz, Sapphire) with a shorter cooldown and a lesser energy cost than normally.
- The higher region you have reached, the more repeatable mines will be available to you.
- The repeatables come back in the state you have left them previously, therefore it's recommended to clear the location completely before the week ends.
- Locations with chests are split into 3 tiers. You only need to open 1 chest in each tier to proceed forward.
- After reaching the 3rd tier, you can clear the one and only tile in the location to reset it.
More Information about red Rings and calculating the rewards can be found HERE
- 2014: July 15 - 22
- 2015: January 6 - 13, June 16 - 23
- 2016: February 23 - March 1, May 31 - June 7
- 2017: January 17 - 24, May 23 - 30, October 10 - 17
- 2018: March 13 - 20, September 11 - 18
- 2019: March 12 - 19, September 10 - 17
- 2020: March 3 - 10
- Questgiver: Narmer (Virides's brother)
- Materials: Red Ring
- Maps on Facebook: https://goo.gl/mkWiZs
|Name||Clear Bonus||Energy Cost||Average Materials||Pillar XP||Total XP||XP/Energy|
|Red Ring Deposit||50||339||2.4 0.3 0.3 0.3 0.3 1||1.23|
|Red Ring Treasury||100||1,000||1,386.7 1||2.49|
|Red Ring Library||220||2,200||1 4,500||0||3.15|
|Red Ring Amethyst Mine||700||6,980||420 45 1 1||7.21|
|Red Ring Pyramid||1,000||10,000||181.5 1 21,625||3.28|
|Red Ring Ruby Mine||3,000||30,000||167.1 104 1 1||4.61|
|Red Ring University||10,000||37,800||825 1 50,000||2.61|
|Red Ring Topaz Mine||7,000||72,060||2,068.2 9 30 143 9 1 1||3.64|
|Red Ring Sapphire Mine||8,100||81,000||127.5 1 1 27,900||3.67|
|Red Ring Diamond Jungle||9,000||90,660||9,969.2 30 77.5 44 1 1 40,000||1.75|
|Red Ring Mountain||5,500||55,000||3,237.5 1 116,250||3.27|
|1||1||300 500 1|
|2||2||500 600 5 (550)|
|3||4||700 900 150|
|4||5||1,500 1,200 150|
|5||7||2,500 1,800 1|
|6||9||5,000 2,500 2|
|7||12||6,500 3,400 3|
|8||15||10,000 5,000 50|
During builder weeks you work together with all players in your region on one goal. Collecting a special material, exchanging it for coins and building a community building.
Each region has a progress bar that unlocks next stages of the event.
There is a new theme each event with a short story line and repeatable material mines for extra building materials.
They are social weeks about cooperation rather than competition, although some will see it as a race. So far each event, all regions managed to complete their buildings within the weeks with at least a day to spare.
Builder weeks are a replacement for the Strongman weeks and still have elements of that discontinued event in them like a quiz-mine and a roll/drag-mine. Well worth week to invest some extra energy in.
Builder weeks are mini events. Make sure you have 2 slots/4-high open in your underground camp to be able to claim the final reward.
Details of the individual weeks can be found in the EVENTS chapter(use the Filter - One Week Special).
- 2018: July 17 - 24
- 2019: January 22 - 29, July 16 - 23
- 2020: January 28 – February 4, July 28 – August 4
Strongman Contest (Discontinued)
A special week which featured original plot driven locations whenever it was introduced. The idea was to provide a hardcore challenge for the most hardcore players, while offering some incredibly powerful rewards for those who manage to beat it.
Strongman contest special weeks were officially discontinued in the beginning of 2018 due to the formula being outdated and not in-line with the new segmented event pattern.
- 2014: September 9 - 16
- 2015: January 27 - February 3, July 14 - 21
- 2016: January 26 - February 2, July 20 - 27
- 2017: January 24 - 31, July 18 - 25
- 2018: January 23 - 30 (The final one)