Translations talk:Portal Login
What is it?
Portal login for the game, also known as "mail login", "independent login or "secondary login" is an additional setting available to all Diggy players. This page will explain how to set it up and why.
Functions of the Portal Login
In short, Portal Login allows you to log in to your PF account without the need to use facebook to log in on the portal site. This may come in handy for example in these situations:
- Facebook downtimes
- Problems with accessing your Facebook account
- Ban for violating facebook rules
- Account lock for security purposes
- Forgetting your facebook password
In an event of any of the above, without the independent login created, the player will not be able to access the game, or even log to their PF accounts. That's why it is crucial to think about it before any such problems occur. After setting it up, you can play the game without any problems even when Facebook is unavailable just to you, or to everyone in general.
Creating the secondary login option
1. Go to the Portal Pixel Federation Site
2. Log in to your account. To do that, first click "LOGIN HERE" in the toolbar at the top of the page.
3. You do not have the Portal Login set yet, so you will need to use the regular one. Choose the "Login with Facebook" option. If this is your first time using the portal, you will be asked for permission and will have to go through the standard procedure of allowing the app access your facebook account.
4. Navigate to your profile page on portal. You can do that by clicking on your name displayed on the top toolbar, or by clicking on this link https://portal.pixelfederation.com/en/profile
5. You are now on your profile page! There are various options here, but we came here to set up a secondary/back-up login option, so for that purpose you should click the button that says "NOT CONNECTED EMAIL". (Note: You can also connect your account with Google+ with just one click, this gives you another login option).
6. After doing so, a new window will appear. Provide your e-mail address and a password of choice. Those will be the details you will be using to access the site. Click "Create" once you are ready.
7. A couple message will appear in your mailbox. One of them has the "Activate your account" option, so do that. (Note: It seems that currently activation is not required for the login to work. Nevertheless, it is highly recommended to create the login out of a real e-mail account that you have an access to. This will help resolve possible future problems with accessing the account).
Congratulations, your account is now more secure because of more login options, and is no longer strictly dependant on Facebook being online.
title=User:15328062ogin In the case of a facebook downtime, or your facebook account being unavailable temporarily, you can now login to the game with the login you created above.
Simply fill the fields under "Portal Login" label and have fun with Diggy's Adventure instead of waiting till the Facebook issues are resolved.