WebGL Version of Diggy's Adventure
Until now, the desktop version of the game was running on an interactive content format plugin invented by Adobe - Flash. As Adobe announced that it would stop supporting the Flash soon, it was necessary to adjust the game so it could run without the Flash technology. Therefore, the game is now available in the open format standard - WebGL. The WebGL change applies only to the desktop version of the game. It brings new graphics, new features and new possibilities to the game itself. Since WebGL is a default browser plug-in, it is not necessary to install anything, nor to do anything special to get to this version. A player just loads the game and WebGL version will be loaded.
South America on WebGL
- All players, that have already finished Greece, will be able to move on to the next region - South America.
Due to technical restrictions, the new region is available only on WebGL and the mobile version of the game.
Camp underground on WebGL
- The underground camp in the WebGL version can be reached after clicking on the ladder in your camp.
One of the changes that WebGL brought to the game is that the camp underground is no longer divided into several horizontal levels. The buildings are now placed in the one-level horizontal line in an ascending order according to the height of the buildings.
Shop on WebGL
The new Shop button can now be found in the lower right corner of the screen. When you click on the Shop button, the Shop screen emerges from the bottom.
All of the items are now ordered in one horizontal line and you can now either swipe through the selection with your mouse cursor, or use the arrow buttons.
There are six main tabs in the Shop:
- Home - this tab located on the very top provides you with an overview of the most recent content available in the game – the special offers and packs, new equipment available and stories.
If you click on the special offer/pack or story button, you can further explore all of the new items.
- Consumables – all of the food items available for purchase.
- Extras - just like in the Flash version, the Extra tab includes additional features you can purchase to advance through the game more efficiently, like the Golem, Last Tile Finder, Speed potions and many more.
- Camp Equip - looking for a new piece of equipment to your camp? You have come to the right place!
The players now have more options how to search for useful equipment and enable/disable various filters based on regeneration and capacity, material or gem prices, as well as the grid layout and size of the items. Furthermore, there are some advanced options how to view the equipment, based on the equip power, required level or the power per grid ratio.
- Decorations - all of the decorations stayed under one roof, and the Filter button is available here as well – you can view big and small decorations separately, or enable/disable just one particular type of decoration.
There is also a new „Store all decorations“ button, and you can now move all of the decorations placed in your camp to your inventory with just one click!
- Camp Themes - this section shows you all of the alternative themes you can purchase to your camp.
Inventory on WebGL
- Consumables - when digging through the locations, nothing is more important than having a quick access to all of your food items you can use. One click on the Filter button shows you the „Eat all consumables“ option.
- Extras - all of the extra items (like speed potions or windmills you have received from your friends) are stored here. Now you can use multiple speed potions at once.
- Camp Equip - all of the equipment you have obtained and not placed to your camp is waiting for your here. The Filter stays the same and you can further modify the selection of your stored items.
- Decorations - browse through all of the decorations you have found – with the Filter button, you can now view the decorations based on whether they can or cannot be sold.
- Camp Themes - looking for a change of your camp? You can find all of the themes you have purchased here.
- Materials - the very last tab merges two previous tabs: Materials and Miscellaneous. With the Filter button, you can either display all of the materials you have, or switch to the Miscellaneous section. The Miscellaneous section shows all of the quest items you have acquired during your adventures, green rings you can use in the repeatable locations and myriad of artifacts, keys, journal pages etc.
Map Manager on WebGL
- From now on, you can find the Map Manager in the bottom left corner of the screen.
All of the location tabs, god story lines, cities and various side quests are now displayed in a more compact and transparent way. You can browse through the region by clicking on the active buttons in the vertical bar.
The last tab called „Stories“ provides you with an overview of special events you have started in your game.
Each region has its own city and repeatable locations, and visiting them is now easier than ever before. You can now find the main city and the repeatable tab in every regional tab, just under the main story line (gods, dragons, you name it...)
Every story tab in the region now shows you how many locations are there to complete. This way, you can easily check whether there are still more locations to come or whether you have removed the tiles in all of them. If you are missing few locations to complete your Hero of Egypt/Scandinavia/China/Atlantis/Greece achievements (which requires you to clear every single location in a region), this location count can be of a great help.
Social mechanics on WebGL
- The godchildren on WebGL are a mix of the mobile version and the Flash version.
Godchildren in your camp appear no more, which means that after you collect the godchildren from mines you will receive a one-time bonus. After that, the godchildren will disappear without being transferred to your camp. This means no more floating children in your camp.
On the other hand, the godchildren which are collectibles in the camps of your friends remain in the form players were used to on the Flash version.
- For the WebGL version, we have decided to remove the different types of windmills and summarize them into one type which means that you are now able to place only 1 type of windmill into your friends’ camps as opposed to 6 or 7 types which were available in the Flash version. This way the windmill placement is much easier.
Also, in WebGL version, there is only 1 building in your camp representing your windmills. So no more windmills cluttered in your camp, yay! This makes your camp more transparent and attractive.
To prevent the visuals from being monotonous, the visuals of the windmills will be changed seasonally.
- The friends´ system on WebGL remains the same in the core with some visual changes in the screen layout. We have also added new filters for better and easier management of your friend list.
The list of your friends is not displayed in the bottom bar as we were used to on the desktop anymore but it has its own section on the bottom right side of the screen. After clicking on the Friends icon you will see 3 tabs - „Friends“, „Received Gifts“ and „Send a Gift“ tab.
In the first tab - the „Friends“ tab - you can see the list of all your friends, you can see the friends who have godchildren in their camp and you can synchronize your friend list by clicking on the icon in the bottom right corner.
Regarding the friends feature we have added the possibility to have a separate list of your best friends. To add a friend to the list of best friends you need to click on the friend and click the „Add“ button.
In order to visit a friend´s camp just click on the friend you wish to visit and then click on the „Visit Camp“ button.
The „Received Gifts“ tab shows you what gifts you have received.
"Passive Effects" is a new feature replacing the outfits system.
How do Passive Effects work on WebGL
- There are currently two types of the Passive Effects - an Experience Passive Effect and an Energetic Passive Effect.
If the Experience Passive Effect is purchased, you get a chance to receive double experience from the tiles that you are digging. The chance increases with each level - the higher the level, the higher the chance to dig out double amount of experience!
If the Energetic Passive Effect is purchased, you have a chance to get back the energy from the tile that you have just dug out. The chance to get the energy back increases with each level - the higher the level, the higher the chance to get the energy spent on the tile back!
Well, let’s think about a ruby tile - this one costs 9,000 energy. Imagine that you would get the energy back from this one! Incredible, ain’t it?
The advantage of the Passive Effects is that they are all active, which means that there is no need to switch them and select which one should be used.
How to proceed to the next level of the Passive Effect
- If you never crafted any outfits in the game before, you will get a chance to purchase the first level of the Passive Effects. After that you can purchase the next levels. It is not possible to skip a level - in order to purchase level 3, levels 1 and 2 must be already purchased.
Each level can be purchased for gems.
If you already had some outfits from the craftsman in your game, you will be compensated through the Passive Effects, which means that you will automatically level-up in the Passive Effects according to the amount and value of the previously used outfits. You can find more information about the compensation for the outfits in this article.
How to find out the current level of the Passive Effect in the game
- You will always see the next level of the Passive Effect, not the current one (except for the last level).
Let’s take an example: if a player purchases level 3, he/she will be using Passive Effect level 3 while digging the tiles and level 4 will be displayed and available to purchase in the shop. So if you have level 4 displayed in the shop, you are currently using Passive Effect level 3
If you already purchased the last level of the Passive Effect (level 10), this level will remain displayed in the shop, but the purchase button will be deactivated - the displayed level 10 will serve as an information about the current level of the Passive Effect on the player’s game account.
Currently, this feature is not available on the mobile app, however, we do plan to implement it to the mobile version in the future.